Senior Electronics Design Engineer
SpinDrive improves the energy efficiency of industrial processes by providing active magnetic bearings to equipment manufacturers in a simple and affordable way. We are a Finnish cleantech start-up company with a multinational team and high expectations towards fast international growth.
Our solution levitates the rotational part of the electrical machine completely eliminating friction. It improves process energy efficiency, reduces maintenance costs and provides completely oil-free system reducing customer equipment lifecycle costs by 35%. SpinDrive customers are global leading manufacturers of turbomachinery and other rotating equipment. We are commercializing years of research and looking for a person not just to close a position but to join the team and enhance our product development.
Senior Electronics Design Engineer
We are looking for a team member – a SpinDriver – to contribute SpinDrive product development through hardware and electronics design. This is a full-time, on-site position located in Lappeenranta, Finland. You will start by learning about SpinDrive active magnetic bearing solution and the core of our system – magnetic bearing controller Magma®.
We provide an opportunity to work in a dynamic team and significantly influence company’s core product development. You will get a fast growth opportunity and ability to implement your ideas and experience in a high-tech product. Working in our team you will get high degree of freedom and excellent support from the colleagues.
You will be part of our agile hardware and software development team full of passionate professionals who are making the active magnetic bearing system more affordable every day. In this role, you will have a great opportunity to discover cutting edge technology and support the fight against climate change with your personal effort.
We expect the new team member to lead our hardware development projects. You are expected to take care of developing the electronic product from the prototype stage to be manufactured in volumes. You will be involved in the design iterations, design validation through laboratory testing, and working with external manufacturing service providers and design partners.
We support your well-being by offering comprehensive occupational health care services, insurance, as well as various benefits including sports and culture benefits (Smartum). We encourage our employees to participate in educational activities to strengthen their expertise.
Your main tasks will be:
- lead hardware and electronics development projects
- develop the electronic product from the prototype stage to be manufactured in volumes
- design iterations (PCB/schematic/component library/BOM)
- design validation through laboratory testing
- work with external manufacturing service providers and design partners
- hardware design documentation
- lead product related certification projects (CE/UL/marine)
To succeed in this position, we expect you to have:
- Master’s degree in electrical engineering (or applicable combination of education & professional experience)
- Several years of experience in schematic design, PCB layout design, design manufacturing documentation and PCB(A) manufacturing expertise
- Knowledge in analog, high-speed digital, power electronics circuit design principles and practice
- Ability to plan and carry out required hardware design testing in laboratory environment
- Experience with the electrical safety requirements and related certification processes (CE/UL)
- Take into account EMC aspects in design and related testing procedures
- Experience with Altium Designer / Altium 365 is an asset
- Competence in multidisciplinary design (thermal design, ECAD/MCAD co-design, etc.) is an asset
- Very good in English, both written and spoken
Please send your application by 29.2.2024.
Lappeenranta or Helsinki, Finland
You’ll report to company’s CPO Teemu Sillanpää.
Send your CV and motivation letter in English to: email@example.com
If you have any questions please call COO Nikita Uzhegov, +358 50 518 8569.