SpinDrive improves the energy efficiency of industrial processes by providing active magnetic bearings to equipment manufacturers in a simple and affordable way. We are a Finnish cleantech start-up company with a multinational team and high expectations towards fast international growth.
Our solution levitates the rotational part of the electrical machine completely eliminating friction. It improves process energy efficiency, reduces maintenance costs and provides completely oil-free system reducing customer equipment lifecycle costs by 35%. SpinDrive customers are global leading manufacturers of turbomachinery and other rotating equipment. We are commercializing years of research and looking for a person not just to close a position but to join the team and streamline our product testing and commissioning.
We are looking for a team member – a SpinDriver – to contribute SpinDrive product development through software and hardware testing. You will start by learning about SpinDrive active magnetic bearing solution and the core of our system – magnetic bearing controller Magma®. You will work at our Lappeenranta laboratory on testing software & hardware features of Magma, taking care of prototype measurements and equipment in the laboratory. As a part of our team, you will be contributing to the quality of software releases using hardware testing ensuring that our products meet customers’ expectations for mission-critical applications. Later, you will contribute to the commissioning of Magma products on customers’ sites in Finland and Europe and later in other parts of the globe.
You will be part of our agile hardware and software development team full of passionate professionals who are making the active magnetic bearing system more affordable every day. In this role, you will have a great opportunity to discover cutting-edge technology and support the fight against climate change with your personal effort.
We support your well-being by offering comprehensive occupational health care services, insurance, as well as various benefits including sports and cultural benefits (Smartum). We encourage our employees to participate in educational activities to strengthen their expertise.
Your main tasks will be
- Testing software & hardware features of SpinDrive active magnetic bearing components
- Taking care of prototype measurements
- Reporting and documenting test results
- Technical product and design support for other engineering team members
- Taking care of receiving and dispatching goods
- Commissioning Magma products on customer site
To succeed in this position, we expect you to have
- Minimum Bachelor of Science degree in Electronics, Automation or equivalent electrical engineering background
- Knowledge of scopes and other measurement equipment
- Basic data processing skills (Excel, Matlab, R or Python)
- Soldering skills and understanding of PCBs is an advantage
- Basic Linux experience
- Good written and spoken English skills
- Proactive and innovative mindset
- Willingness to travel 10-30% within Europe for commissioning activities
Apply by 23.9.2022.
You’ll report to the company’s CTO Alexander Smirnov.
Send your CV and motivation letter in English to: email@example.com
If you have any questions please call COO Nikita Uzhegov, +358 50 518 8569.